Sioux Tempestt has run a successful graphic and website design business Artery Media Solutions for the past 18 years and has been immersed in art for most of her life. Over the years she has explored a multitude of ideas through many mediums including acrylics, aerosols, markers on canvas and wood to digital media, t-shirt printing and jewellery crafting. Sioux enjoys the freedom of painting versus the constraints of working on an iMac.
Sioux’s artistic achievements include:
• Selected by the City of Stirling for a solo art exhibition ‘Divergent’ at the Rendezvous Grand Hotel Scarborough January 2014 as part of the Summerset Arts Festival
• Finalist in the 2013 Black Swan Heritage Prize
• Winner of a Highly Commended award at the Freedom School exhibition 2013
• Winner Best Local Artist, Bremick Emerging Art Exhibition 2012
• Sioux’s cup design titled ‘smile’ was selected for production and is available for purchase at cuppacoffeecup.co.nz
‘We live in a busy, rapidly changing and inspiring world with increased external stimulation daily. My sleep is often disturbed as I am subconsciously affected by something I have seen, heard or experienced provoking me to create artworks in various mediums. These artworks contextualise the changing environment, how we react and our reconstructions of it. I explore consumerism and the inherent complexities of how we engage and interact with one another through changing technologies. The aim of my work is to engage the viewer, convey a narrative and prompt a thought process.’
Sioux has exhibited in numerous art awards in Western Australia and is available for private and corporate commissions.